Course Outline: What You Will Cover
Become a qualified Fashion Stylist & Image Consultant. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It also allows you to enter glamorous and enjoyable profession with work and self employment opportunities. Students will complete the following units:
|1||Introduction to Styling|
|2||Fashion and Design Process|
|3||Elements of Style and Trends|
|9||Business Practices for Stylists|
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a fashion stylist and image consultant
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a fashion stylist and image consultant pro in months not years!
- Study a fashion and image course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Fashion is, singlehandedly, one of the most glamorous and entertaining professions. We witness on a daily basis how closely we analyse celebrities and public figures to our first impressions of people we meet each day based on fashion style.
It is the responsibility of the stylist to put together clothes and accessories for editorial features, print and television programs and ad campaigns, and is behind the public appearances made by celebrities, leaders, models and other public figures. They can get hired by the most prestigious fashion brands, or work freelance as an independent style consultant. Needless to say, the job of a fashion stylist perfectly balances out creativity, great networking and social opportunities, and good pay. Throw in a lot of exclusive benefits, and you’ve got one of the most sensational jobs out there!
If you have the passion for fashion, then a job as a Stylist / Image Consultant should be perfect for you.
Stylists typically find work in the following categories:
- Personal Styling/Image Consulting: the most common form of fashion styling will focus on enhancing a persons current look by selecting the most suitable clothing and accessorise which will at the same time compliment features and colour tones. Beyond clothing and accessories it typically also extends to shopping trips for selection of appropriate garments, hair style, skin care, and etiquette consulting as the overall styling service. Image Consulting, Personal Shopping and Celebrity Styling are all interchangeable terms which are alternative names personal / image styling.
- Providing advice or assistance for clients: on how to improve their look and select clothing and accessories for themselves
- Personal Shopping: selecting clothes for a client
- Wardrobe / Show Styling: styling for television, film, fashion parades, concerts, theatre productions. Everyone from a newsreader to a musician is almost always dressed and styled to maximize a reputation or a message that is being conveyed to the audience or viewers.
- Editorial Styling: this may involve selecting which fashion items and accessories may appears in a magazine or newspaper, writing articles and making decisions on what models will wear.
- Commercial Styling: this involves styling models and actors for advertising / commercials. This typically involves selecting a location, managing the wardrobe, make up and even photographer to pull of the clients’ desired look and feel.
- Corporate Styling: you may be styling the CEO to make an impression as he meets other leaders to maximize his or her appearance or you may designing a company uniform in line with the clients brief.
- Photography Studio: you may be placed in charge of preparing clients outfits, hairstyles and outfits for glamour photography shoots.
Aside from the above areas, Fashion Stylists and Image consultants regularly find work in the following associated creative industries and professions:
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Makeup Artist
- Public Relations
- Fashion Blogger
- Fashion Designer
- Wedding Planner
- Event Management
- Retail Fashion Store Owner
- Model / Talent Agent
Course Career Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be obtaining invaluable skills and credential which can lead to employment as a:
- Fashion Stylist
- Image Consultant
- Fashion Journalist / Fashion Editor
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Retail Sales Manager / Assistant
- Makeup Artist
- Film & TV wardrobe
You also have the opportunity to work as an independent consultant specializing in areas such as makeovers, style and preparing people for dates, advising those in the corporate world and so on. It’s a rewarding option we will teach you all about.
Turn your passion for fashion and style into a career. Imagine a job where you are paid to enhance your clients’ beauty, boost their self esteem and bring out the best attributes they have. It’s an envious career. Enrol today!
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of a Diploma level certificate. Diploma level courses recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
|Diploma Level||24 weeks|
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business’s have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Department of Defence
- State of Queensland
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
- Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
- Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
- Navman Technologies
- Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
- Queensland Compensation
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Darwin International Airport
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Aviva Australia Holdings,
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Federal Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Mission Australia
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo Australia (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coca-Cola Amitil
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a fashion stylist and image consultant
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipFSIC
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).
Cut Off Date
is the next enrolment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course its at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don’t miss out. Enrol today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enrol Now buttons below and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!
|OPTION A||OPTION B|
|Course Level||Course Fee||Pay Upfront
|Weekly Instalment Plan
|DIPLOMA||$1611||10% Off = $1450 ENROL NOW||$49 x 32 weeks ENROL NOW|
Take the first step towards pursuing your dream of becoming a Fashion Stylist and Image Consultant NOW.
Simply click on one of the Enrol Now buttons that corresponds with the course level and payment plan you wish to select (see above table).