Course Outline: What You Will Cover
Would you like to know how to become a nanny? Take our Professional Nanny course as stepping stone rewarding work in the home based childcare industry. Students will complete the following units:
|1||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|2||Ensure the health and safety of children|
|3||Provide care for children|
|5||Contribute to provision of nutritionally balanced food|
|6||Support the development of children|
|7||Interact effectively with children|
|8||Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning|
|9||Develop understanding of children’s interests and developmental needs|
|10||First aid and OHS processes|
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a professional nanny
- Quickly develop skills in months not years!
- Study a nanny course that was designed in conjunction with senior professionals in the childcare industry
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who will provide prompt and encouraging support
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Employment in this very large occupation rose strongly in the past five years and is forecast to grow strongly in the long-term.
Nannies care for children as employees or contractors in private households. Employment can be sought in almost any location nationwide. International work opportunities for professional nannies exist in such countries as the UK, USA and France.
Nannies will typically carry out the following tasks:
- care for babies or young children by feeding, washing and dressing them and by supervising their play and learning activities
- plan creative play and learning activities and organise meal and sleep times
- develop and/or maintain appropriate routines
- safeguard children against potential dangers and hazards (swimming pools, kitchen utensils, poisons and stairs)
- take children to school, kindergarten and other activities
- plan and prepare nutritious snacks and meals for children
- arrange and supervise outings
Good personal attributes to have if want to work in this profession include:
- an interest in children
- patience, maturity and a willingness to accept responsibility
- organisation skills
- ability to work unsupervised
- communication skills.
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you like playing games and making up fun activities? Then this is a profession you will excel at.
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of a Diploma level certificate. Diploma level courses recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
|Diploma Level||24 weeks|
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
International Career Institute is an educational member of the International Nanny Association (INA). In 1985 nanny agency owners, nannies and nanny educators from Australia, New Zealand, United States, England, Canada, and New Zealand gathered at Scripps College in Claremont, California, for the first INA conference. Since 1985 INA has become the global industry body for Nannies all around the world.
Various government departments and business’s have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
Nanny Industry Membership
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Department of Defence
- State of Queensland
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
- Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
- Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
- Navman Technologies
- Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
- Queensland Compensation
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Darwin International Airport
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Aviva Australia Holdings,
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Federal Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Mission Australia
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo Australia (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coca-Cola Amitil
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipPN
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).
Hear From Our Students
Cut Off Date
is the next enrolment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course its at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don’t miss out. Enrol today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enrol Now buttons below and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!
|OPTION A||OPTION B|
|Course Level||Course Fee||Pay Upfront
|Weekly Instalment Plan
|DIPLOMA||$1611||10% Off = $1450 ENROL NOW||$49 x 32 weeks ENROL NOW|
Take the first step towards pursuing your professional nanny career NOW.
Simply click on one of the Enrol Now buttons that corresponds with the course level and payment plan you wish to select (see above table).