Course Outline: What You Will Cover
There are certain skills you need to become a successful bookkeeper. The ICI bookkeeping program designed in conjunction with the federal government and bookkeeping industry helps you learn them quickly and conveniently.
|1||FNS1 Prepare financial statements|
This unit covers the competency to identify skills and outcomes with the development of financial reports for non-corporate organisations which are not reporting entities
|2||FNS2 Maintain asset and inventory records|
This unit covers the competencies needed to set up and use an asset register
|3||FNS3 Develop and implement policies and practices relevant to bookkeeping activities|
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to develop, implement and maintain policies and practices to ensure that a quality service is provided in relation to bookkeeping activities
|4||FNS4 Establish and maintain a cash accounting system|
This unit involves the process of both establishing and maintaining a cash accounting system for an organisation, or organisations. It relates to activities undertaken when an individual first carries out activities or services for an organisation, as well as maintaining cash accounts on an ongoing basis
|5||FNS5 Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system|
This unit requires the application of skills and knowledge to reconcile and monitor an accrual accounting system. The unit encompasses setting up accounting systems; establishing debtors and creditors, bad debt and contra entries; reconciliations; reviewing compliance terms and conditions; planning a recovery action and preparing reports; and filing of documentation
|6||FNS6 Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks|
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to carry out tasks related to Business Activity Statements (BAS) and Instalment Activity Statements (IAS), including the completion of Activity Statements
|7||FNS7 Communicate in the workplace|
This unit covers the competency of written and oral communication in the work environment
|8||FNS8 Use technology in the workplace|
These units cover the competencies to effectively and effectively use technology and equipment in the workplace
|9||FNS9 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry|
This unit covers the fundamental skills needed for employment and the application of industry and company procedures, guidelines, policies, and standards in a daily work context within the financial services industry
|10||Bookkeeping I & II (Short Course Units)|
Introduction to bookkeeping / bookkeeping principles
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in bookkeeping
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a bookkeeping pro in months not years!
- Study a bookkeeping course that was designed in conjunction with the federal government and bookkeeping industry
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Career prospects for bookkeepers are bright as they are very much in demand as they are a crucial component of any business. Graduates are able to seek a career as a professional contract bookkeeper, or permanent paid bookkeeper, either working under the direction of a tax agent/public accountant, for a bookkeeping business or franchise, as a permanent paid bookkeeper (working for enterprise), or in their own bookkeeping business.
Bookkeepers are employed in a wide range of industries including finance, property, business services and ALL other areas of business and government.
Every business, no matter how large or small, is required by law to ‘keep books’. This involves the recording of the financial transactions of a business, whether manually into ledgers or by entering everything onto a computer. So, if you are well organised, like working through documents and enjoy seeing a set of numbers add up properly, bookkeeping could be the career for you. Other names for bookkeeping or related professions include payroll clerk, collections officer, accountant and accounts clerk.
As a bookkeeper you can expect to earn $35.00 per hour for basic bookkeeping eg: entering payments, invoices etc. If you perform reconciliations, produce reports you can expect up to $45.00 per hour.
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate of Completion or Executive Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate) and intermediate-advanced level (Executive Diploma). You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
Certificate of Completion
Represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
Qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
|Short Course||9 weeks|
|Certificate of Completion Level||14 weeks|
|Executive Diploma Level||24 weeks|
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is also recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business’s have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Department of Defence
- State of Queensland
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
- Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
- Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
- Navman Technologies
- Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
- Queensland Compensation
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Darwin International Airport
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Aviva Australia Holdings,
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Federal Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Mission Australia
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo Australia (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coca-Cola Amitil
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
- Certificate and Diploma students (on request) will gain a complementary 12-month Student Membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, providing you with access to:
- Membership card Prestigious membership certificate
- Free technical help line
- Free regional network meetings
- Support network (phone and email)
- Professional development seminars
- Technical downloads
- Monthly newsletter
- Notification of job vacancies
- Students who graduate from this course are eligible to apply for full ICB membership after graduation by passing the Bookkeeping Skills and Procedure Assessment with ICB
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a bookkeeping professional
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipBKeep
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).
Cut Off Date
is the next enrolment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course its at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don’t miss out. Enrol today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enrol Now buttons below and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!
|OPTION A||OPTION B||OPTION C|
|Course Level||Course Fee||Pay Upfront
|Monthly Instalment Plan
|Weekly Instalment Plan
|Certificate of Completion||$1611||10% Off = $1450 ENROL NOW||$531 x 3 monthsENROL NOW||$49 x 32 weeksENROL NOW|
|Executive Diploma||$2088||10% Off = $1880ENROL NOW||$689 x 3 monthsENROL NOW||$49 x 42 weeks ENROL NOW|
ACT NOW and start pursuing your dream of becoming a qualified bookkeeping professional.
Simply click on one of the Enrol Now buttons that corresponds with the course level and payment plan you wish to select (see above table).