Course Outline: What You Will Cover
The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. Training towards becoming a nutritionist allows you to enter fastest grow area with more and more people requires advice and guidance for their nutritional needs. Students will complete the following units:
|3||Diets and planning diets|
|5||Food and energy levels|
|9||Digestion and absorption|
|10||Assessing nutritional needs|
|11||Protein, vitamins, minerals, water, nutrients, carbohydrates and fats|
|16||Providing consultations to clients|
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in natural health / nutritionist work
- Learn the inside secrets of natural health and nutrition in months not years!
- Study a counselling course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
It has been stated time and time again that our body is our biggest and most important investment. With everyone leading busier and more active lives, our bodies can easily succumb to stress and strain.
It is the responsibility of nutrition practitioners to help improve the lifestyles of their clients by recommending healthier food intakes and address their health through food and nutrition. Nutritionists are employed in hospitals, nursing care facilities, outpatient service facilities, gyms, health clubs and other centres for healthcare.
Career opportunities include: weight loss consultants and nutritionists. With further study you could become a dietician or personal trainer. The opportunities can be perused as an employee or as a part of your own private consultancy.
According to government statistics the health industry is among some of the fastest growing sectors today with strong growth projected into the future.
Typically tasks graduates of our program will regularly conduct are the following activities:
- discuss diet, nutrition and weight loss strategies with clients
- assist in the creating weight loss menus and diaries for clients
- assist with food selection based on nutritional content labelling
- assist with weight loss measurements and weight loss calculations
- provide emotional support and ongoing coaching
- provide nutritional based counselling
- Discuss and refer clients to other health and fitness providers.
Go ahead and enrol into the Nutrition and Diet Course now! It is a truly rewarding career path with bright prospects.
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of a Diploma level certificate. Diploma level courses recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
|Diploma Level||24 weeks|
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
ICI is an Approved Training Provider with the International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT). IICT is one of Australia’s leading professional bodies representing practitioners operating within the natural health industry. ICI students and graduates are able to obtain IICT Membership. Membership provides numerous benefits such as access to discounted Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
ICI is a CMA College Member and is found on the Complementary Medical Association’s Register of Education Providers. ICI has met the expectations of this global organization which represents more than 100 colleges and 15,000 practitioners in the field. (Relevant to: Counselling, Natural Health, Nutrition and Massage courses offered by ICI).
Various government departments and business’s have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Department of Defence
- State of Queensland
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
- Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
- Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
- Navman Technologies
- Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
- Queensland Compensation
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Darwin International Airport
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Aviva Australia Holdings,
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Federal Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Mission Australia
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo Australia (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coca-Cola Amitil
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officiallyrecognizing your successful completion of natural health(nutrition) studies
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation forcurrent and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your namewhich indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. Forexample: John Smith, DipNtDt
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program ( Click to learn more ).
Cut Off Date
is the next enrolment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course its at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don’t miss out. Enrol today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enrol Now buttons below and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!
|OPTION A||OPTION B|
|Course Level||Course Fee||Pay Upfront
|Weekly Instalment Plan
|DIPLOMA||$1611||10% Off = $1450 ENROL NOW||$49 x 32 weeks ENROL NOW|
Take the first step towards pursuing your dream of joining the Natural Health profession NOW.
Simply click on one of the Enrol Now buttons that corresponds with the course level and payment plan you wish to select (see above table).