Course Outline: What You Will Cover
Everything you need to know will be revealed in this course. The ICI Private Investigator course will unveil the secret tricks of the trade and teach what normally takes years of on the job experience.
- Comprehending Crimes through Psychology
||Locating People / Factual Inquires
- How to Locate and Track People Down
|| Starting an Investigation
- Assessing the Matter
- The Complainant
- Investigation Plan
- Consulting Experts
- Scene Inspection
||Tracing Missing Persons
||Matrimonial and Domestic Cases
- Means Reporting
- Child Care and Custody Matters
- Adoption Enquiries
- Peace of Mind Reports
|| Counter-Espionage & Counter-Surveillance
- Detecting Surveillance
- Methods of Surveillance
- Team Surveillance Techniques
- Areas of Vulnerability
- Handling, Storage, Disposal Procedures
- Clean Desk Policy
- Access Limitation
- Electronic Surveillance Countermeasures
- Computer Security & Hacking
|| Statement Taking and Reporting
- Report Writing
- Statement Taking
|| How to Investigate Different Cases
- Personal Injury Cases
- Malpractice Suits
- Investigating Workers Compensation & Insurance
- Investigating Theft Cases
- Investigating Collections & Repossession Cases
- Investigation Missing Persons Case
- Skip Tracing & Public Record Searches
- Pre-texting for Information
- How to Spot a Bug or Wiretap
- Stationary Surveillance
- Moving Surveillance
- Pre-texts and Cover Stories
- Preparation & Techniques
||Carrying Out Search of the Public Record
- Searching the Public Record
|| Operating a Private Investigation Business
- Finding Clients
- Getting Paid
- Price Strategy
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in investigation and surveillance sector as well as many other other related fields
- Quickly develop skills in months not years!
- Study a mediation course that was designed in conjunction with senior professionals in the investigations profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who will provide prompt and encouraging support
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Private Investigators provide services in respect to the following areas of operation:
- Family Law
- Cheating Spouse
- Insurance Matters
- Asset Tracing
- Intellectual Property (Trademark, Copyright, Patents)
- Service of Documents
- Due Diligence
- Harassment and Stalking
- Identity Vetting & Verifications
- Personnel Screening
- Insurance Investigations
- Kidnap / Ransom / Extortion
- Missing Persons
- Malicious Damage
- Teenager Investigations (drug, alcohol and sexual activity)
- Theft in the Workplace
- Undercover Investigations
- Surveillance and Counter Surveillance
- Hidden Camera and Bug Detection
People and business typically commissioning private investigations work include:
- Government Agencies (eg. Social Security Office / Centrelink)
- Insurance Companies
- Banks, Credit Unions & Building Societies
- Small Businesses / Large Corporations
- Solicitors and Barristers
- Private Citizens
Private Investigator Licensing & Regulations:
The regulation of private investigators varies from each state, territory and country. Even if your state or country does not require a specific amount of training, you will still need training in order to obtain the necessary skills to run your own investigations, get hired or start your own agency.
The ICI Private Investigations course is NOT designed to fulfil the licensing requirements of any particular state or country’s jurisdiction.
Depending on your location you may be required to be licensed to provide private investigation (PI) services for a fee or to be employed as a PI. In NSW, QLD, Victoria, Tasmania, SA and WA it is required that a “Cert III” be completed as a pre-condition of being licensed as a as a private investigator. However residents of the ACT and the Northern Territory have no set training requirements to qualify to work as a private investigator. The United Kingdom does not require private investigators to be registered or hold any qualifications while in the United States almost no states require educational qualifications to register as a PI.
The ICI Private Investigations course is designed for those:
- with an interest in private investigation techniques and methodologies,
- those who may wish to carry out their own personal private investigations instead of hiring a PI. Licensed private investigators hold no special powers in comparison with ordinary citizens. Licensing in those jurisdiction that do licence PI’s use it a system of creating accountability and enables them to charge a fee for performing their services,
- those in the following professions who are not classified as Private Investigators but find the skills taught in the course particularly useful on a day to day basis:
- auditors / forensic accountants
- corruption investigators
- counsellors / psychologists
- customs officers
- complaints officers
- corrective service officers
- council compliance officers (eg. rangers)
- covert surveillance team member
- criminal investigators
- debt collectors
- environmental protection officers
- forensic specialists
- fraud prevention officers
- genealogists / family historians
- investigation managers / supervisors
- insurance claims assessment officers
- ombudsman / consumer affairs staff
- parks and wildlife officers
- professional standards officers
- police officers
- policy development officers
- quarantine inspectors
- research officers
- security officers
- tertiary and school education managers
- legal professionals (lawyers, solicitors, barristers) and paralegals
- workplace health and safety inspectors
- and people in similar positions or those who have a supportive or administrative role in an investigation.
Completing the ICI Private Investigator course can be beneficial to those employed or seeking employment in the above professions as it will demonstrate a unique set of skills which are seen as valuable in the above jobs. Such training will undoubtedly set you apart from your colleagues. At the same time it also gives you an unfair advantage in applying / being considered for promotions and new employment positions that you may be competing for.
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of a Executive Diploma. This qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is 31 weeks.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business’s have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Department of Defence
- State of Queensland
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
- Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
- Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
- Navman Technologies
- Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
- Queensland Compensation
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Darwin International Airport
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Aviva Australia Holdings,
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Federal Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Mission Australia
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo Australia (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coca-Cola Amitil
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, ExeDipPI
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).
Hear From Our Students
Cut Off Date
is the next enrolment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course its at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don’t miss out. Enrol today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enrol Now buttons below and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!
|Weekly Instalment Plan
||10% Off = $1880 ENROL NOW
||$49 x 42 weeks ENROL NOW
Take the first step towards obtaining valuable skills in the field of private investigation NOW.
Simply click on one of the Enrol Now buttons that corresponds with the course level and payment plan you wish to select (see above table).